Tuesday

A lesson in humility

I cannot, for the life of me, get up the new hillclimb my uncles carved out with a 125. I bombed up it all day the first day I saw it with a 250, but on a 125 I find myself losing my line up the last section every time. I said that I would post a video of the hillclimb so here it is, complete with me losing the line and going off course right before the final crest.

If you ride, feel free to post up some tips. I already know to keep it up on the pipe and to throw my weight over the gas tank when I corner and climb. I think I am a little apprehensive about the noise on this little bike. I am fine to have it buzzing loud when I am hauling ass but I think subconsciously I am fearful of revving it up when I'm climbing in second and first gear.

I was thinking about it last night and I decided that I'm just being a pussy because my old kdx absolutely blasts once it hits the powerband, and before I had a decent back tire it would get super squirrely when I got up on the pipe with it and sometimes cause me to lose control.

No comments:

Post a Comment