Monday

Back to work



So my KDX is on the rack until tomorrow. I've been riding around on my uncle's old race bike, a 125 2-stroke from the 80s. I've got to say, I'm very lucky to have a guy like my uncle around to give me bikes to ride and advice on how to ride them. "The thing about 125s is, you've got to make them sing to really have fun on them". That is a quote from him about how to use the powerband on the little smoker. Getting up on the gas tank to take corners and keeping up on the pipe so I don't get bogged down climbing the hills, these are all little hints he'll fill me in on at opportune times.

That's another thing, everything here is a massive hill climb. I guess it's good, makes me a better rider to be learning on such hard stuff, I see people on youtube kill their bikes going up stuff that looks tame in comparison to the stuff I ride everyday. I'm just now starting to get aggressive on jumps, I used to really back off when I came up to a jump, now I wick it on just a little bit. My front end always sags so I know I can give it a lot more, I think it's just a confidence thing than anything at this point.

I have been loading rocks and shoveling gravel and dairy compost for the past two days. I swear, by the end of this summer, my forearms are going to develop into bonafide popeye-esque bluto-busters. I've already noticed since coming back from rafting that I'm not getting arm pump as quickly. I'll throw a video up of helmetcam footage from the new quarter mile of slalom that got put in while I was out on the river as soon as I finish pounding out the landing for bikes. That is what the loading of rocks and gravel is for. My uncle mentioned that he always wanted a nice level surface to park the bikes on outside of my double-wide, so I got on it immediately and starting loading the trailer on the quad with medium stones for the base. After I finished that I loaded up, drove down, and emptied over a half dozen loads of gravel ALL BY MY LONESOME to lay down on the stone foundation. Now I'm just waiting on the packing machine so I can knock all the loose gravel in and get smooth surface, I hear rumor of its arrival tomorrow around noon (one of our neighbors has it).

No comments:

Post a Comment